Friday, March 1, 2013

How Facebook perplexes me

Ok, I know this is my 4th blog today, but let me just tell you that whether or not I articulate these thoughts here on this blog, they are happening in my head so I am choosing to put them down for my own sanity. Plus only one person besides me in the world knows this blog exists (shout out to J25) so I feel like I am allowed to blab all I want! Deal with it, internet! Ok, facebook. W and I became official on facebook. It was quite unexpected but lovely all the same. Many people "liked" my new relationship status, and several also commented. So the whole internet knows about the two of us, and its a new thing to me and it feels oddly exciting that he wants the world to know. Thats a new one to me. After the initial shock of the whole facebook official thing, W went on to post 3 separate pics of us kissing on facebook. Again, this blew my mind. That he not only wanted to share that with his friends, but that he tagged me in it like "this is us" and it makes me so happy. To back up a bit- a couple weeks ago we were out at the bar hanging out with this couple he is friends with. The wife kept telling W that she had never seen him smile so much and that she loved seeing him so happy. I was so blown away by that and it made me feel so good. Later, he asked the same woman to take a pic of us on his phone. He handed it over then was all "kiss me" so I did, and she snapped a pic. Or 4. They were really cute pics, love that he wanted them. Then when he put them on facebook, I was again just floored that he wanted people to see. In the best way possible. Made me feel amazing. He didnt have to do that, he could have kept them to himself, but he didnt. And let me tell you- my facebook-stalking revealed that he doesnt post many pics at all. Not compared to me, anyway. So the fact that he chose to post a pic of us kissing (well, technically 3 pics of us kissing) really said something to me. Heart=melted. So yeah. Thats the facebook story. Thanks, Zuckerberg. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment