Friday, March 1, 2013

So my bf is basically the sweetest person ever

Alright, I just gotta tell you about how sweet my boyfriend actually is. Like in real life, when no one is watching, and when you could easily do nothing, he still does the right thing. Blows. My. Mind. So on Wednesday morning, I woke up and the bf had texted me that he tried to call me, and it was only like 7:45am so thats weird. I had a bad feeling right away, like something wasnt right. I texted him back but no answer. I assumed he was driving to work or something. So an hour later I texted him again that I was worried. Then shortly afterwards he called me. Turns out he hadn't gone to work because he had been up all night in terrible tooth pain that radiated in his jaw and face and he was miserable. I knew something was wrong! So he came over and we found an appointment for him and I took him in. The dentist was great to him and it was clear that he had a big issue with this tooth and when the dentist pushed on the tooth to check for pain, I thought the bf was going to jump out of his skin it hurt so bad. Anyway, the dentist numbed it up and was able to drill and relieve the pressure enough that he can wait to get it pulled in a couple weeks. When we left, we had to go to the pharmacy to get his meds. As we sat waiting for them to fill the Rx, a woman came into the store and was in a rush. She went up to the counter and unloaded her basket that was full of things she was buying, then she went next to the counter to put her basket away, and when she walked away from it the entire stack of baskets tipped over and fell on the ground. She was clearly flustered, standing at the counter trying to pay for her items. I was busy watching her reaction when out of nowhere, the bf gets up and walks over and picks up the baskets, sets them back up, makes sure they are not going to fall again, and comes back and sits down next to me. My jaw must have been on the floor cuz he looked at me and was like "What?" and I just shook my head. Like, I know its not a huge deal, but it is to me. It would have been easy to sit back and do nothing at that moment. I even consider myself a nice person, but I wouldnt have done what he did. And he wasnt annoyed or mad. He just did it because it was the right thing to do. And he wasnt trying to get attention or something. He honestly didnt even realize why I was staring at him. Just wow. Wow. And he is MY bf. Dang... But thats not it. The previous night our garage door broke. It wouldnt open or close right, some wire thingy was off track or something. I know NOTHING about stuff like that. Well, while the bf and I were at the dentist waiting I had told him about it, and he said he would look at it. I told him he didnt have to today since his mouth was killing him, but he said he would. Well after all the dental errands, we went back to my house and I was hoping he would forget about the garage cuz he was starving and half his face was totally numb, but nope. His sweetness remembered and insisted, much to my dismay, that he take a look at it. So he came in and we went out to the garage and right away he knew what it was and went to work. Again, I know NOTHING about mechanical stuff or whatever, so I cant even begin to tell you what he actually did. But I can tell you it involved two tools, lots of elbow grease, and some rigorous handiwork. After about 10 minutes, the garage was fully functioning, up and down. Even though he didnt feel well and had every reason in the world (pain, hunger, exhaustion, etc..) to NOT help, he did it anyway. This was the second time in one day I was left with my jaw on the floor. His mama sure did something right. And he sure knows how to act despite the world around us. And I guess what really gets me is that its simply who he is: he isnt just doing things to impress me. He is very straightforward and isnt trying to be anything he isnt, and its basically the coolest thing ever. Even when we left the dentist and he was all numb and whatnot, he unlocked and opened my door first. I just cant get over it. Its weird and awesome to have someone care about me like this. I still get confused sometimes because I am so not used to it, but every little thing he does that shows me he cares makes me fall more and more. And I hope I do the same for him, I try to make sure he knows I am trying to show him I care at all times. Like at the dentist, when we were left alone in the room for a moment, I just ran my hand through his hair and smiled a little, cuz I knew he was in so much pain and he looked so tired. But that boy never complained once. I just cant even... He makes me want to be a better person: better friend, daughter, sister, girlfriend, roommate, everything. I want to make him proud of me like I am of him. I used to imagine what a good boyfriend would act like, but this far surpasses everything I ever imagined. Now I just want to go on and on. So I am going to. LOL. So I am going to keep telling you why this boy, MY BOYFRIEND, is the actual sweetest person ever. So, a couple weekends ago he and I went to the Polar Plunge (where a bunch of crazies jump into a frozen lake to raise money for Special Olympics) anyway, in order to see it clearly, we had to walk down a steep and icy hill to get down by the lake to see everything. I had crappy boots on with like no traction, and unprompted, he grabbed my arm and braced me with him as we tried to get down the hill. Again, might not seem like a big deal, but how freaking sweet is that? I mean, what? And when we finally made it down the hill, he grabbed my hand to hold it. But it was so cold and windy out that he took my hand and put it in his coat pocket along with his so they would be warm and he could still hold my hand. My heart just melted. OMG. Oh and when I was at his house last weekend, I saw that he took the valentines day card I had given to him and had it up in his room :) :) :) :) Oh and in the morning he was doing some laundry, and accidentally threw my socks in, so I had to steal some of his for the day and I am weird and I still have them. LOL. Ok, I am going to take a break for a few but I am sure I will be back after I find some more Sugar Free RedBull. XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment